Rules and regulations
- A game consists of three, eight-minute periods. With five-minute breaks in between periods (game time depends on how much time is available in class).
- Having six players per a team, on a smooth surface with lengths of roughly 94 feet by 50 feet
- Players must keep their hockey sticks below their waist at all times.
- Players must avoid all body contact with opponents.
- When a puck is hit out of bound, the team that hit it out loses possession of puck to the opposing team.
- Players may advance the puck with their feet but may not kick it into the goal to score. If so, the team loses possession of the puck.
- Players may stop the puck with their hands but may not hold, pass, or throw it.
- Penalties consist of boarding, checking from behind, elbowing, butt ending, cross-checking, fighting or rough play, charging, high sticking, tripping or hooking, and guards or forwards playing over the center line.
- As a result of a penalty, players either get two minutes in the penalty box or a penalty shot is rewarded (depending on the situation on which the player was in).